Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Beard Papa's, Egg tarts, and hot pot

okay, so like a true fat kid I did the following: 1. got to excited about hotpot that I forgot to take pictures 2. had two desserts.

I did photo the desserts, however. Here we have some cream puffs/chocolate fondant cake from Beard Papa's, i give these cream puffs A+, because they were quite good/moist and the packaging was pretty cute.

So here's the cute packaging, with a little santa/baker/awesome for the cream puffs.


Now, you'd think that because this was more like a cream bun it wouldn't be that great in terms of dough:cream ratio, but let me tell you, it was delicious and not too doughy or creamy. that's also what she said.
Here's the chocolate fondant, which was not as good as the cream puffs (maybe because it was supposed to be microwaved...) but still quite good.


Now, my second dessert, home made egg tarts, courtesy of my auntie. yay. om nom nom.



2 comments:

  1. Esther here.
    Totally agree. A+ on Beard Papa's cream puffs. But I usually ask for half filled cream puffs b/c I think it's a better ratio. I don't like it when cream spills out all over the place. (Carrie, I hear you saying "that's what she said.")

    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the beard papa's on 8th st closed!!! such bad news. and i LOVE those egg tarts!! never thought of home-making them!

    ReplyDelete