Monday, December 28, 2009

Richmond, BC-Sushi/Bubble Tea

Hello all, Carrie here doing a guest spot on fatkids. I'm stuck in beautiful Canada right now, and for the next 9 days it's going to be chinese food, chinese food, and more god damn chinese food, so get ready:

Let me just give you a feeling of Richmond/Asia of the West:

Apparently a store called Big Crazy-I think it's a shopping market, but no one should pick those color combinations, ever.



Bright in dark paper.
Caution signs on bubble tea- let me tell you about bubble tea, i've been drinking a lot of it, and everyday, and it's better/cheaper than US bubble tea...

Now onto the noms- today we had jumbo sushi, now I'm not a fan of jumbo sushi, I like that the Japanese do all cutsie little things. But, this sushi in terms of quality was pretty much as good if not better than US (I'm talking about regular Yama quality sushi, not like, NY sushi or something redonk like that). Also for the price, basically you can't lose here, I think all of the food on the table was ~80 Canadian, ie around 75$ US or something:





Oh speaking of bubble tea, i hate the United States, here not only are things actually open til like 2am (that aren't bars), but there's also this little contraption:


For those of you who can't tell what's going on, this is a little remote at each table that allows you to summon your waitress for water, the bill, or anything else, then if you make a mistake you can cancel it with the little x below. Leave it to asians to come up with something this awesome.

I'm out until tomorrow, when I will eat until I die a little on the inside again.

No comments:

Post a Comment