Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tea Party!

I love scones. I love cucumber sandwiches. [like the ones we had at Professor Joyce's house on last day of classes!] I love tea. I love tea parties.

If I could, I would go back to London just for afternoon tea at Claridge's!

My favorite scones of all time:
Tea sandwiches:
Pastries:
And of course, tea:

Tea at Harrods was fun too! We missed their afternoon tea, but we got tea and ice cream/sorbet.
Cool ice cream/sorbet. Tiffy and I got flavors of London and flavors of Asia.

In NY, I thought Alice's Tea Cup was fun. I brought my little sister, and there were lots of little kids with their parents. There are a few locations. We went to the one @ 156 E 64th St..
The scones are bigger and a bit greasier. But the pumpkin scone was delicious!

Alice's feels more like a restaurant than a tea room. I wouldn't really linger for hours the way I would at other tea places...but everything was pretty yummy.

The last tea room that I went to was Lady Mendl's @ 56 Irving Place, NY. (near Union Square). The food was better than the food at Alice's, and it's not as kid-friendly, which is fine with me because I'm not a mom. Haha.

Anyway, everything was beautiful.

This place has great cucumber sandwiches.

Scones!

Such lovely sugar cubes!
Thanks to Chanda (below) for pictures!

Afternoon tea with best friends is the best!

Favorite scones: Claridges
Favorite cucumber sandwiches: Professor Joyce's house, Lady Mendl's
Favorite sorbet: Harrods
Favorite TV show: 30 Rock. Haha. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment